Deadline: June 30, 2020
The U.S. Embassy in the U.A.E. is pleased to announce the opening of the Fulbright Foreign Student Program competition for 2020-2021. This academic exchange program is funded by the U.S. Department of State and was initiated by U.S. Senator William J. Fulbright in 1946 to increase international educational exchange between Americans and citizens of more than 150 countries worldwide.
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program provides Emirati students and young professionals the opportunity to pursue graduate-level study in the U.S. The award includes funding for tuition and required fees; a book, equipment, and travel allowance; a monthly stipend for room & board; and also a supplemental health and accident coverage plan. Please note that applicants may apply in most fields of study, including humanities, social science, science, technology, and engineering. However, master’s programs related to clinical studies, such as medicine and nursing, are not permitted.
In addition to academic training, Fulbright scholarships also provide transformative cultural exchange experiences. As Fulbright participants, Emirati students will have the unique opportunity to experience life in the United States and also share Emirati’s unique culture and traditions with Americans.
Fulbright Grants provide funding for:
- Tuition and required fees for graduate study in the U.S.
- Book, equipment, and travel allowances;
- Monthly stipend for room & board;
- Supplemental health and accident coverage plan;
- Opportunities to participate in Fulbright Enrichment Programs.
- Be an Emirati citizen or permanent resident able to hold a passport from The United Arab Emirates.
- S. citizens or green card holders are not eligible to apply.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution at the time of the program start date.
- Possess a strong academic background.
- Be proficient in English and/or able to attend a Long-Term English (LTE) program before the start of the study program
- 2-paged CV or résumé
- Personal statement
- Academic statement
- Unofficial university transcript
- 3 letters of recommendation
If nominated, the candidates will be required to submit the following:
- Official university transcripts
- Copy of Bachelor’s degree
- Copy of UAE passport
- Exam scores:
- Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT). A minimum score of 81.
- GRE revised General Test for graduate school admissions
Duration of program: 10 months
How to apply
All applicants must complete and submit their applications via the Fulbright Online Application. This is where you enter data, upload documents, and register your recommenders and foreign language evaluator.