Deadline: June 30, 2020
About the Fellowship
The GRF is an international Centre for Gandhian study, research and dialogue. Its core objective is to preserve and promote Gandhiji’s philosophy and legacy based on truth, non-violence, peaceful co-existence and the spirit of conservation. The GRF has undertaken numerous initiatives to not only popularize Gandhiji’s life and principles but also to preserve them for posterity. The Gandhi Research Foundation (GRF) is an academic and rural welfare-promotion institution, aiming at sustainable living through applied research. Intent on becoming a dynamic centre of Gandhian research and allied activities, a Residential Research Fellowship Program is being initiated to coincide with the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi and will be expanded during the next 3-5 years.
Eligible to apply are international scholars, activists, social workers and public figures.
Thrust Areas of Applied Research
- Rural regeneration, economic sustainability, skill development, employment creation
- Social-economic inequalities and gender issues
- Caste and communal harmony
- Educational innovation
- Health and nutrition revitalisation
- Environmental challenges
- Nonviolent conflict resolutions in India and globally
- Alternatively: an allied field of research of contemporary Gandhian relevance
How to Apply?
Dean of Research
Gandhi Research Foundation
Jain Hills, P.O. Box 118
Email: research[at]gandhifoundation.net, info[at]gandhifoundation.net