Deadline: May 3, 2020.
IPI NY is currently seeking applicants for the position of External Relations Internship, for a full-time, three-month paid summer internship (with the possibility of renewal), who will gain knowledge and skills from on-the-job experience, with the External Relations Team providing guidance and feedback to facilitate the learning process.
The ideal start date for this position will be mid-June.
This position is under the overall supervision of the Senior Director of External Relations. The External Relations Intern will work with the Senior Director of External Relations and the Development Officer to ensure optimum coordination between the resource development team and the fundraising activities of the Senior Director with all IPI staff members.The External Relations Intern will also assist on research and follow-up to support the fundraising activities of the Senior Director of External Relations.The person in this position will assist the Development Officer with reporting requirements; as well as the Events Manager with outreach for select events.
This position requires an energetic multitasker with related experience and excellent judgment, discretion, attention to details, initiative, and the ability to prioritize. It is imperative and essential that the person in this position has good communication skills, the ability to remain calm under pressure, is polite and has a positive disposition when liaising with staff and guests.
About the International Peace Institute (IPI), New York
The International Peace Institute is an independent, international not-for-profit think tank with a staff representing more than 20 nationalities, located in New York across from United Nations headquarters. IPI is dedicated to promoting the prevention and resolution of conflicts between and within states by strengthening international peace and security institutions. To achieve its purpose, IPI employs a mix of policy research, convening, publishing and outreach.
The CPO internship is
- A full time position;
- Paid according to an hourly wage; and
- Interns also receive a subsidized MetroCard.
The External Relations Intern will:
- Organize and maintain the schedule of the Senior Director of External Relations;
- Coordinate the calendar of the Senior Director of External Relations;
- Conduct background research ahead of fundraising meetings;
- Organize and update the outreach schedule for meetings with IPI’s member state donors;
- Assisting with social media outreach for the Senior Director of External Relations;
- Research prospective funding sources; and
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of External Relations.
The External Relations Intern will work to support the Events Manager with outreach for select, high-level events including:
- The Global Leader Series;
- The Turtle Bay Reception Series; and
- Other partnership-related and External Relations events, as assigned by the Events Manager.
- BA or MA with a degree/concentration in international affairs;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills and an extraordinary attention to detail;
- Excellent judgement skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Excellent ability to multitask; and
- Educational knowledge of multilateral institutions/international affairs a plus.
- A cover letter;
- Current résumé/CV; and
- Contact information for three professional references
All interested candidates are required to send the following to this email address email@example.com (with “External Relations Intern” as the email subject).
Please send only Word, or Adobe Acrobat files. Do not compress or zip files. No telephone inquiries.