Deadline: June 30, 2020
In keeping with the commitment of providing financial support to all qualified candidates, McGill University is offering a limited number of Need-Based International Scholarships in Canada. The scholarships are open to both Canadian and international students for the academic year 2020-2021.
The goal of the program is to make the University more accessible to those who face financial challenges by supplementing other funding resources such as government aid, Indigenous Band Support Funding, part-time work, parental support, and other sources of funding. The grants are open for studying the undergraduate degree program at the University.
- The University provides a limited number of entrance bursaries which are renewable and tenable until completion of an undergraduate degree (up to a maximum of four years) provided the criteria for renewal are met (financial need and academic standing).
- The level of need demonstrated by the student and their family, relative to other applicants. Or
- The tuition fee rate charged based on the program of study and student residency (Quebec, the rest of Canada, US, International).
- Any student receiving this form of aid will be automatically approved to seek employment through the University’s Work Study Program upon application via Minerva.
Those eligible to apply include all:
- Newly accepted, first-year, first-degree undergraduates, and
- Newly accepted, first-year undergraduate direct entrants to professional programs in Medicine and Law (with prior degree).
The Scholarships and Student Aid office reserves the right to verify the information provided on the application. Inconsistencies may result in a reassessment or cancellation of the applicant’s award.
The following documents should be attached with your application
- Transcripts/Academic Records of current school
- High school degree certificate
- Must be proficient in English. If not, official English language proficiency test score (no more than two years old).
How to Apply
Upon notification of acceptance to the University (either by formal letter or via the Admissions Status page on Minerva), the application becomes available on Minerva: select the Financial Aid/Awards tab > Financial Aid Menu > Apply for a McGill Entrance Bursary > Apply to Entrance Bursary Program > Complete then submit your application.
- Canadian (citizen or permanent residents) students living outside of Canada must submit a CSS Financial Aid Profile to the Scholarships and Student Aid Office in addition to the McGill Minerva aid application.
- U.S. students who wish to apply to the Entrance Bursary Program from the University must submit a CSS Profile in addition to the McGill Minerva aid application.
- International (non-US) students who wish to apply to the Entrance Bursary Program from the University must submit a CSS Profile in addition to the McGill Minerva aid application.
If you are a student with a disability who requires help completing online applications, please do not hesitate to the Office here.
Interested candidates can find the application portal here
For more details, click here.